- Banu Madinatayn Status: Permission for a Promo Event & Classes
- Booths on May 29th – at Building Blocks Zoo Day and MDI Youth Convention
- Outreach efforts in the community
- Next meeting, June 5, 8am at Masjid Al-Huda
- New Coordinators!
- Membership Update: 217 Members Total!
If you feel like you are not involved enough and want to actively help this project, please join the Executive Committee and work with the dedicated brothers and and sisters that are working hard to make this project a reality, bi’ithnillah!
To join, simply send an email to email@example.com, with a subject line of “Exec Committee Signup”.
- Banu Madinatayn Status: Alhamdulillah, our community has made so much progress in promoting the AlMaghrib effort; the people of Almaghrib Institute now believe that we are ready for our very first Promo Event! They suggested having it right before Ramadan, but are we ready? If we get a large turnout at the Promo Event and our community exhibits continuous enthusiasm for this project, we could have our first official seminar immediately after Ramadan, Insha’Allah. Let’s make it happen!
- Booths at upcoming Events: We will set up AlMaghrib TwinCities booths at the two upcoming events on May 29th, Insha’Allah: Masjid Dawah’s Youth Convention (10am-10pm) and the Building Blocks Zoo Day (12pm-5pm). Check out these links for more information: http://www.mndawah.net/ & http://www.thebuildingblocks.org/family/family-zoo-day-2010.html :: We hope to see you all there, Insha’Allah!
- Meetings: We are planning on meeting again on June 5th, 8am at Masjid Huda, Insha’allah. We will decide on a few dates for a possible AlMaghrib Promo Event—based on the progress we make at the booths and from the outcome of our outreach efforts, insha’allah. Please try and attend these meetings, in person, or via conference call to stay closely connected with the project and contribute to the effort as well, insha’allah.
- Outreach efforts: We are planning on reaching out to the different masajid/groups/organizations this week to present this project to the community and get the message out there. If you know of a location/event where you think it would be beneficial to present this project, please let us know, insha’allah.
- New Coordinators: At the last meeting, we elected a few members of the Executive Committee to specific roles/titles for this project. We are pleased to announce the following:
Deputy Coordinator (Sisters) – Sr Hannan Wazwaz
E-Media/E-News Coordinators – Sr Rania Abuisnaineh and Sr Samia Abuisnaineh
Outreach Coordinator – Br Mohammad Farouq
- Membership Update: We are proud to say that we’ve reached 217 members on our mailing list. We’re taking advantage of various community events to present Almaghrib to various locations. Within the next couple weeks, we’re shooting for 300 members total. Help support this goal by spreading the word and directing people to this sign-up link: http://tinyurl.com/am-twincities-signup
Jazaakum Allahu Khayran, Wassalamu Alaykum Wara7matullah