Love Notes. It’s a clever title yes, and we’re glad it grabbed your attention. Yet the question still remains, what is an Islamic seminar called Love Notes really about? Love Notes is an abridged version of AlMaghrib Institute’s double-weekend seminar Fiqh of Love: Marriage in Islam, which deals with marriage, family life, and the concept of love in Islam. Here are some of the general topics that will be covered in this seminar:
- Understand the meaning of love and its rulings from an Islamic perspective.
- Recognize the Mercy and Wisdom of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala Who laid down rules for marriage and the treatment of one’s spouse.
- Understand how Islam protects and nurtures love between a male and a female through the institution of marriage.
- Know how love and compassion played key roles in the life of the Prophet Muhammad, salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam, and his example as a husband and a family man.
- Understand the reasons behind the status and importance of marriage and the family unit in Islam.
- Search for the most desirable characteristics in a prospective spouse and know the correct procedures for pursuing someone you are interested in marrying.
- Know the rights and obligations of each spouse and how to work together to achieve a household full of love and mercy.
Marriage and family life are fundamental tenets of a Muslim’s life, a topic everyone needs to learn about. Don’t let this opportunity pass you! Reserve your seat today!