The Love Notes exam is coming up fast! Are you ready for it?
Some of you are probably ignoring this reminder with a shrug, while the rest probably forgot there even was an exam; after all, it’s been almost a month since we last sat together in the Honeywell Auditorium, rows filled to their utmost capacity, laughing and smiling collectively as Sheikh Yaser Birjas relayed to us details of the Prophet’s marriage life.
After three days of intensive learning, isn’t it time to test your knowledge of Love, Marriage and Family Life in Islam? Below are a few reasons why YOU should partake in the Love Notes exam this Sunday, January 2nd Insha’Allah.
1. Because the exam is Fard. In AlMaghrib lingo, that is.
2. Because you invested $85 and three full days of your life to master the topic of love and marriage, so why not gain the AlMaghrib Institute credit by passing the exam?
3. Because the challenge of the exam truly maximizes the benefit you attain from the seminar, helping you retain the knowledge that you’ve acquired.
4. Because AlMaghrib Institute is working on becoming an accredited Islamic Institution; if you’re interested in specializing in Islamic Scholarship (i.e Fiqh, Hadith, Islamic History, Seerah, Tafsir, etc.), gaining the college credit now will add to your degree program, Bi’ithnillah.
5. Because the Q. Madinatayn student body has left of mark of excellence numerous times in the past; by excelling in the exam, you’re contributing to the height and glory of our Qabeelah by demonstrating your dedication, Insha’Allah.
6. Because our status as a Qabeelah—the classes we’re offered in the future, the instructors that teach in our state, our precedence in hosting nationwide AlMaghrib events—is partially dependent on our test scores. Among the thirty other Qabeelahs around the world, would you want to be chosen for the highly-demanded seminars?!
7. Because this Qabeelah is your family, and the only thing that binds us all together is the knowledge we’ve gained fi sabeelillah (for the sake of Allah). Let our exam grades demonstrate that knowledge.
We shy from final exams, midterm papers, and classroom speeches; however, this Love Notes exam promises to offer its benefits in this life and the next.
So this is it: Sunday, January 9th is our Love Notes Exam, Insha’Allah. Study hard, make dua’a and have Tawakkul in Allah–and don’t forget, ya jama’a, we’re all in this together…
Wa Jazakum Allahu Khayr,
Q. Madinatayn Volunteer