9. Because like an ‘ajr-entrepreneur, you’re investing in your akhira. Take an Islamic seminar on da’wah. Watch all those hasanat, blessings and rewards roll in…
8. Because tranquility descends and the Angels surround those who partake in Islamic gatherings. Why miss out??
7. Because sometimes you need to take a break from studying physics, literature, history and math… And take a few days to study the deen. Priority, my friend, priority.
6. Because it’s Shaykh Kamal El-Mekki… Meaning you’re spending two weekends with THE black-belt expert of da’wah. Leaving this class, you’ll have gained top-notch training on how to get a shahada in 10 minutes. Your MSA president will be mindblown.
5. Because those long waits at the grocery line or the bus ride home are filled with people clueless about Islam. Wanna learn to answer their hardest questions? Shahada: Fiqh of Da’wah is where it’s at…
4. Because Allah says in His glorious Qur’an: “And who is better in speech than he who … invites others to Allah (and His religion)?” (Surat Fussilat)
He (swt) also says: “Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining al-ma`roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding al-munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is THEY who are successful.”
3. Umm, because everyone is going. ‘Nuff said.
2. Because AGAIN it’s Shaykh Kamal El-Mekki! With a perfect blend of wit and wisdom, his stories and teaching style will have you craving for a Fiqh of Da’wah part 2! And besides, it’s not everyday you get to hear the mango joke live… ;)
1. And because with all the knowledge you’ll gain–all the hikmah and pragmatism–everyone around you will want to embrace Islam. That’s right, everyone… Even your Siri iPhone.
Yeah… Thought so.